Dental Cleanings in Spring Valley, Las Vegas
Many people consider dental cleanings only remotely important. Life’s commitments – work, school, family, social events – can trump dental cleanings when it comes to scheduling. Dr. Hollingshead and our team understand our patients’ busy lifestyles. We want you to know, though, just how important six-month cleanings are to your overall health.
- Eighty percent of Americans have some form of gum disease, ranging from gingivitis to periodontitis.
- Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss for American adults.
- Gum disease causes halitosis (bad breath), gum recession, tooth loosening, and can lead to jawbone deterioration.
- Studies show that gum disease contributes to increased risk for serious overall health problems, including heart attack, stroke, respiratory problems, low-weight births, dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and diabetes complications.
- Found in the early stage, gum disease is treatable with minimally invasive solutions that may involve changing your homecare routine or attending deep cleaning visits.
- Left untreated, gum disease can advance to periodontitis, in which case, periodontal surgery may be required to eradicate the bacterial infection and restore healthy gums to support your teeth.
Those are the facts. The good news is, Dr. Hollingshead and our hygiene team can find, address, and correct gum disease in the early stages if you keep up with regular checkups and cleanings. For some people, gum disease causes no pain or symptoms, so you may not know that you have it. Dr. Hollingshead and your hygienist will work to diagnose the condition early by assessing your teeth and gums at every checkup.
We refer gum disease patients to our soft tissue management program, which is designed to restore and maintain optimal periodontal health. If you suffer with significant periodontal health problems, Dr. Hollingshead may refer you to a trusted periodontist for treatment. Gum disease can recur at any time, so patients on our soft tissue management program should follow our advice regarding homecare tips and more frequent checkups and cleanings.
Schedule Your Visit Today!
Don’t become a statistic; don’t let bacteria steal your smile and health! Located in the Spring Valley area of Las Vegas, Dr. Hollingshead’s dental office serves patients from Spanish Trail and Summerlin. Whether you need regular checkups and cleanings, restorative dentistry, or cosmetic dentistry to improve your appearance, our team will be delighted to assist you. Call to reserve your appointment today!